Audio and Video Resources
- Interview on Journalism at NCDD Conference (video)
- Navigating through Chaos and Telling a New Story, One Becoming One Radio (audio)
- Making Sense Out of Chaos (audio)
- Order from Chaos at the Organization Development World Summit (video)
- Interview on Open Space for the Organization Development World Summit (video)
- Open Space Technology – An interview on The Jim Rough Show, Port Townsend TV (video)
- Engaging Emergence on The Jim Rough Show, Port Townsend TV (video)
- On Engaging Emergence (video)
- Bringing the WHOLE into the System (video)
Journalism That Matters, mini interview with Jeffrey Abelson (video)
At the October 12-14, 2012 National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation conference in Seattle, Jeffrey Abelson, interviewed me for Song of a Citizen, a non-profit, non-partisan collaboration producing innovative films and web videos designed to spark a much-needed upgrade in how we-the-people view our role as citizens.
The focus of the hour-long interview was how best to work with upheaval and chaos. I talked a bit about the workshop I’m did, Engaging Possibilities: Appreciative Inquiry and the Art of Radical Appreciation, on July 8-10, 2013 near Jerusalem, Israel. And we talked about journalism in changing times.
Making Sense Out of Chaos
An interview for Community Learning Exchange – CLExchangeonair with Cheryl Fields on Blog Talk Radio. Some of the questions we discuss:
- Everyone is familiar with chaos, but I’d like to begin by describing what you mean by emergence for our listeners. What is it and how does it show up in our lives and in our work?
- Early in the book you tell the story of how your own perspective on engaging emergence began. Tell us about that experience?
- It strikes me that one intention of your book is to provide people with tools for overcoming the emotions of fear, panic and retreat that instinctively emerge when we’re confronted with upheaval. These emotions are a natural response to crisis, but how do they get in our way as we’re trying to adjust to these disturbances?
- In your preface you talk about achieving breakthrough solutions rather than compromises that no one is happy with. We’ve seen a lot of the latter on Capitol Hill in recent years. How does engaging emergence help us to arrive at innovative solutions?
- What are the five principles of emergence?
Recorded on September 7, 2010
Order from Chaos at the OD World Summit
Interview on Open Space Technology for the Organization Development World Summit
Recorded on July 29, 2010
Open Space Technology – An interview on The Jim Rough Show, Port Townsend TV
Engaging Emergence on The Jim Rough Show, Port Townsend TV
On Engaging Emergence
Thanks to Harold Shinsato for the video, with apologies for the sound quality.
Filmed on May 15, 2010 at the World Open Space on Open Space
Recorded on January 26, 2010 for the Organization Development Network, this webinar on working with whole system change processes, exploring questions like: What are they? What outcomes can you expect? How do you choose among methods? What does it take to get started? What are some basics for working with these methods?